Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays With Gwyneth, SJP & Blake!
Most of the punk themed couture at last week’s Met Ball was red carpet perfection… Not real world realistic; but the makeup? THAT is doable!
Here, the beauty breakdowns for three of the night’s most stylish stunners:
Elaine Offers for Nars Cosmetics
“It starts with Blake’s signature approach: luminous beautiful skin,” said Elaine about the look she created for Blake. “We created a serious eye shape as a nod to the punk theme by building on a smoky eye and winging it outward. With the diaphanous layers of her skirt and a light lip, it comes together as being both glamorous and edgy.”
- Apply NARSskin Luminous Moisture Cream for maximum hydration and radiance
- For sheer and buildable coverage, apply NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation (NEW for
- Fall 2013; for now try NARS Sheer Glow Foundation) to the center of face and blend outward
- Using a large fluffy brush, set the complexion with a dusting of NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
- Apply NARS Casino Bronzing Powder, brushed onto the forehead and cheeks to contour and give warmth to the face
- Layer NARS Desire Blush followed by NARS Orgasm Blush onto the apples of the cheeks
- Apply NARS Mesopotamia Eye Paint (NEW for fall 2013; for now try NARS Bali Single Eyeshadow) onto the eyelid for a shape
- Apply NARS Ubangi Eye Paint (NEW for fall 2013; for now try NARS Dark Rite Soft Touch Shadow Pencil) into the lash line for definition, stroking the line out past the corner of the eye
- Follow with NARS Black Valley Eye Paint (NEW for fall 2013; for now try NARS Via Veneto Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner), applied into the roots of lashes, also stroking the line outward towards the corner
- On the top and bottom lashes, apply NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara with a focus on the upper lashes.
- Apply NARS Floralies Satin Lip Pencil to give lips extra pigment and on top, apply NARS Striptease Lip Gloss
SARAH JESSICA PARKER
Leslie Lopez for Nars Cosmetics
“I had to make the punk look glamorous,” said Leslie. To create strong eyes, we used a plum pencil that is both intense but beautiful. No matter what the theme, I always want Sarah Jessica to look beautiful.”
- Using fingers, apply NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation (NEW for Fall 2013; for now try NARS Sheer Glow Foundation) to the center of the face, moving outward
- Choose two shades darker than natural skin tone
- Apply pigment to the hollows of cheekbones to sculpt and contour skin, adding a small amount to the hairline for dimension
- Apply NARS Calabria Soft Touch Shadow Pencil directly to the eye; dabbing and blending with the tip of fingers
- Using a brush with nylon bristles, apply extra pigment to the crease and blend outward to create depth
- For definition, line the lash line and waterline
- Follow with several coats of black Mascara
- Apply NARS Tender Night Velvet Matte Lip Pencil to the lips, beginning in the center of lips and applying and blending outward
Emma Lovell for Laura Mercier
Lovell drew inspiration for the look from another glamorous Hollywood legend – Grace Kelly, stating that Paltrow “is the modern day version of the Hollywood actress.”
- Lovell prepped Paltrow’s skin using RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre ($385) “to make her skin glow from within”
- She then applied a crème blush to keep the skin luminous, and accentuated Paltrow’s cheekbones by applying bronzer with an angled brush
- Lovell put emphasis on the eyes, with a “strong feline eyeliner” and exaggerated lashes
- Lovell mixed Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Topaz ($23) with a brown shadow to create Paltrow’s stunning eyes
- She blended the colours from the crease, increasing the intensity of the colour as she approached the lash line
- Lovell used Laura Mercier Eye Pencil in Black Extreme ($20) to elongate Paltrow’s eyes into a feline shape by applying the product to the inner corners of the eyes and sweeping outward
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa ($24) to the top lash line, and then blended underneath the bottom lashes
- Lastly, she curled the lashes and coated them with Max Factor False Lash Effect, with a focus on the outer lashes to help promote the feline eye look
- Lovell created a “girly” lip by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Girly ($26) to the center of the star’s lips and blending outward
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.