Glam Slam: Oscar Hair How-To
The Oscar red carpet was really varied when it came to hair… we saw everything from stick straight hair, to chic ponytails and loose up-dos.
Here are the step-by-step tips to recreating the looks of three glamorous stars directly from their stylists.
WHO: Frederic Fekkai’s Didier Malige
INSPIRATION: A glamorous bohemian style that’s soft, romantic and feminine.
HAIR HOW TO:
1. Apply an anti-frizz product and volumizer before blow-drying the hair smooth using a round brush. Then curl the hair using a 1” curling iron to create soft and feminine waves.
2. Next, create a foundation for the style by backcombing the bottom layers of the hair.
3. Sweep the hair to the left side of her face, securing with bobby pins.
4. For a finishing touch Didier used one of Natalie’s earrings as a shimmery accent piece.
5. Secure the look with a sheer hairspray.
WHO: Frederic Fekkai’s Renato Campora
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-‘60s high ponytail combined with the top glamour.
HAIR HOW TO:
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1-1/2 curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
WHO: Duffy for Frederic Fekkai
INSPIRATION: Duffy wanted to bring out ‘the real Scarlett Johansson’ by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
HAIR HOW TO:
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation.
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1-1/2 inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this action throughout, bearing in mind the way the root falls.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
For more info, check out www.fekkai.com.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.