Glam Slam: Oscar Week - Red Carpet Tricks To Dress Thinner
Three days to the Oscars and the stars have probably been eating healthy and working out around the clock to look their slimmest and trimmest.
Even if you aren’t at your ideal target weight (and really, who is?!), celebrity stylist Cristina Ehrlich, who will be dressing Amy Adams for the Oscars and has also worked with Halle Berry, Katie Holmes, Eva Mendes and Jessica Biel, shares 10 tips to dressing thinner without actually losing any weight.
1. Make clothing choices that highlight your best assets! Take the time to understand your body shape and how to dress accordingly. Balancing your figure with the right clothing can make all the difference.
2. It’s really important to make sure you have the right size undergarments. Wearing undergarments that are too small can create unwanted bulge.
3. Shapewear can help smooth and cinch. Victoria’s Secret has some amazing shapewear that can shed inches off your waist, for instance - the Power Figure, it boosts your bust and shapes your tummy, waist, hips and thighs.
4. Avoid bulky materials in areas where you want to look smaller. Ruffles can add inches to your silhouette.
5. Choose patterns that are soft and flattering. Pinstripes and vertical self-stripe fabrics help create a lengthening effect.
6. Black is always slimming. You should never be afraid of color, but when in doubt black is your best friend and you can always add a pop of color with your accessories choices.
7. Utilize accessories. Use belts to cinch in the waist and jewelry to draw attention to the face and neckline… Choose jewelry such as long necklaces and earrings that elongate the face and neckline instead of bulky pieces, which can overpower and add weight to your body.
8. Wearing loose dresses to hide any imperfections can have an effect and make you appear larger than you actually are. Instead choose clothes with some shape and make the most of your figure.
9. Add height with heels. Wearing a pump is a great way to elongate the figure, lengthen the legs and create a sleek silhouette. Remember that ankle straps can appear to shorten the leg.
10. Coming from a dance background, my best advice is to correct your posture… Aligning the body not only makes you feel more confident but you will instantly appear and feel slimmer.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.