Glam Slam: Seven Moves To A ‘Rockin’ Body
First Published: November 8, 2011 1:28 PM EST Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Courteney Cox and Robin Wright are fortysomethings with awesome bods, thanks to celeb trainer Grace Lazenby and her “Rockin Models” workout.
Grace, who has also worked with Carrie Underwood and “Twilight’s” Nikki Reed, shares her “Rockin Model” Sexy 7 workout to help you create the shapely body you want in seven signature moves.
1. PLIÉ: Place your heels together and toes slightly apart, and roll up onto the balls of your feet. Wrap your hips in and contract your gluteals. Bend your knees slowly, then lift and repeat. Avoid distributing the weight onto your knees and keep the core tight. You can use a body bar or chair for stability. Repeat 4 sets of 8.
2. THE WALK: A plié with a bit of “fancy” and “sexy,” essentially this is a grande plie with a little attitude!
Place your heels together and toes slightly apart, and roll up onto the balls of your feet. Wrap your hips in and contract your gluteals. Move your hips side to side, placing the weight in the while moving your gluteals down to the floor in a 2 count down, and then move them up in a 2 count up. Avoid distributing the weight onto your knees and keep the core tight. Use the support of a bar or broom if needed. Repeat 4 sets of 8.
3. CRAWL: A basic plié with dash of “booty intensity.”
Place your feet in 2nd position and lower and lift for 4 sets of 8. Hold your plie halfway down and begin moving the hips side to side. Proceed on by moving your body up and down the pole, while sticking your hips back and keeping your weight into your gluteals. Move up and down the pole, while keeping the weight in the gluteals quads and inner thighs. Repeat 4 sets of 8.
4. THE FLOAT: This is a movement that floats from side angle through warrior 2. This yoga flow movement works your obliques and opens and stretches the upper body while tightening the legs and hips. Repeat 8 times each side.
The “Rockin Models” motto for the float is “Keep your foundation strong and heart open!”
5. THE BALLERINA OBLIQUE LIFT: Want a waist as small as a ballerina…well this is the move for you!
Sit on the floor with weight on one hip. Extend the opposite leg out with a bent knee and the knee in alignment with your hip. The right hand is overhead with ballerina arms. Pull the right arm down while contracting the lats and obliques. The movement should be very small and concentrated. The movement is great for isolating those hard to get places around the waist. Repeat 4 sets of 8.
6. KICKS AND HAMSTRING LIFTERS: Lay on your back with your hips off the floor. Place the ball of the right foot on your left knee. As you lift your left gluteal up simultaneously kick the right leg into the air. Touch down with the right leg while the left is tapping the right knee. Repeat on the other side. Repeat 4 sets of 8 singles and then hold 8 counts on the right and 8 counts on the left. Repeat again.
This move will not only lift the booty but also lengthen for those long lean lines in the back of the hamstring!
7. SIDE-LYING PUMPS: Want a booty that is lifted for those high heels? This is a great move to lift and detail the gluteals without building them.
Lay on your side and place both legs bent in a 90 degree angle. Lift your top leg to tabletop position. Angle the knee down towards the bottom knee and then pump through the gluteals and lift towards the ceiling 2-3 inches above the bottom leg.
For added intensity, move the leg forward 2-3 inches in front of the bottom leg. Repeat 4 sets of 8 to feel the burn!
The “Rockin Models” workout DVD is available at Amazon for $19.95. For more info, check out www.rockinmodels.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.