I am not a big New Year’s Resolution person at all.
I rarely make resolutions about weight loss or eating better or working out more.
But I do make an attempt to change things up fashion-wise, freshen things up a bit. I’m not sure how much success I have, but at the beginning of every year I am inspired to at least give it the ol’ college try.
I prefer to call them goals instead of resolutions and here are mine for the year:
1. Make smarter choices. How many times have I bought something I was iffy about only to get it home and NEVER wear it. What a waste of money (and closet space)!
2. Quit buying the same thing. How many striped shirts do I need?
3. Branch out of my comfort zone more. I wear the same uniform. Jeans, boots, ballet flats, motorcycle jackets. Time to change things up!
4. Buy clothes for the body I have…not the one I wish I had. If something doesn’t fit properly, it needs to go right back on the rack — STAT! Too many times I’ve said, ”Oh, once I take off a couple of pounds, this will look great.” Nope. Doesn’t happen!
5. Don’t be swayed by sales. How many times have I bought shoes in the wrong size because they were on sale? And how many times have they just sat in my closet unworn because they hurt my feet too much! No more!
Here’s hoping I have some style success in 2013 and good luck to you too if you made any goals or resolutions whether they be fashion related or not!
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.