Glam Slam: The Best Of Cannes Couture!
First Published: May 19, 2011 2:37 PM EDT Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The Cannes Film Festival never fails to deliver when it comes to what we define as true “Movie Star Style.” Here are five of my favorites from the 64th annual event.
1. RACHEL MCADAMS Rachel McAdams was truly stunning in her red and nude Marchesa. She stole the show at the premiere of her new Woody Allen film; “Midnight in Paris” in the embroidered red silk organza dress with illusion cap sleeves and tulle ruffle skirt. Love the color!
2. PENELOPE CRUZ Penelope played peek-a-boo with photogs in a sexy and revealing Marchesa at her “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” premiere. The smokey colored illusion gown featured a flare tulle skirt and shoulder detailing… and embellished with jewels that covered her up in all the right places.
3. ANGELINA JOLIE Angelina went with a gorgeous strapless gown in brown, which is not usually a red carpet staple, at the premiere of Brad Pitt’s film “The Tree of Life.” She paired the Atelier Versace gown with Ferragamo shoes and jewels from her own collection with Robert Procop. She kept her hair and makeup simple and natural looking. Of course, it didn’t hurt that she had a very dapper looking Brad on her arm.
4. GWEN STEFANI Leave it to Gwen to sass up the Cannes red carpet! She brought her signature edgy style to the French Riviera with her sparkly, super low cut embroidered Stella McCartney jumpsuit. Flirty and fabulous!
5. UMA THURMAN Festival Judge Uma Thurman looked positively radiant in a Chanel Couture long dress in silk grey taffeta with a grey tulle train from the Fall/Winter 2008/09 Haute Couture collection. I liked that model tall Uma wore summery flat sandals on the red carpet! A refreshing change from all the sky high Louboutins!
FASHION FYI: When you are flipping through this week’s Life & Style Magazine… check out the spread on page 35 about how Britney Spears got her body back. Yours truly is included in the article (a photo too!) about Britney’s new trainer Derek DeGrazio, whom I have worked with, as well. Fun!
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.