“We always leave cookies and a Corona for Santa (we feel like he might get sick of milk) and carrots for the reindeer.”
Leave it to the ultimate hostess Cindy Crawford to make sure that even Mr. C has a good time at her home. Cindy, her husband Rande and their two kids love celebrating the holidays.
“We also all find at least 10 things to donate to charity. It helps make room for new presents and also makes us feel good. My sister does Advent Calendars for the kids every year. They love having a tiny little gift to open up every day of December leading up to the big day.”
The big day is just a week away and the effortlessly stylish supermodel, who has created her own home décor collection called Cindy Crawford Style for JCPenney, shares her personal tips to make your holiday more festive.
CINDY’S FIVE HOLIDAY DECOR TIPS:
1. Don’t just decorate your tree. Dress every room in festive seasonal colors with lush linens, comfy pillows and cozy throws.
2. Holidays are a time for friends and family to stay at your house. I love having a stylish luggage rack for my visiting guests. It lets them know that you are thinking of them and it keeps their bags off the floor.
3. Christmas is my family’s favorite holiday; take time for old traditions or make new ones. Every year my kids insist we make a type of cinnamon bread that my mom used to make on Christmas morning. It makes the house smell delicious.
4. Christmas is not all about red and green. I love the look of ivory and gold during the holidays; decorate the table with ivory dinnerware, amber-hued candleholders and fragrant Paperwhite flowers for an elegant festive table.
5. Remember that the holidays are supposed to be fun. Besides worrying about everyone else having a great time, be sure to make time for yourself to have a mini retreat… even if it’s just a hot bath.
For more info on Cindy Crawford Style for JCPenney, go to www.jcpenney.com
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.