Glam Slam: The Friday Five - Green Edition
First Published: March 13, 2009 9:59 AM EDT Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- St. Patrick’s Day is on Tuesday, which, of course, has me thinking about green. But these days “green” means a lot more than just the color--there’s a ton of focus on how we can help the environment. Today’s Friday Five is dedicated to eco-chic products that prove you can look and feel good while DOING good for the Earth!
1) SPORT THIS! “Twilight’s” Kristen Stewart has already requested a pair of Keds Green Label sneakers. The classic looking Keds (which come in fun colors for Spring) are made out of certified organic cotton and recycled rubber. Retailing for $55, Keds has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant a tree for every pair sold in 2009. Find out more at www.keds.com.
2) TOTE THIS! These days there are a million totes out there, so how to find one that’s earth friendly and fashion forward? Green Girl has the answer with a line of reversible eco-totes (practical mom Holly Robinson Peete loves hers!). Starting at $45, the bags come in great colors and prints and are very durable and roomy. Check them out at www.greengirlworld.com.
3) BURN THIS! Heidi Klum and Seal set a romantic atmosphere with Aglow Soy candles. The wax is made primarily from soybeans (meaning a cleaner, longer burn) and the use of cotton wicks cuts down on air pollutants. The glass canisters, adorned with crystals, can be used again--talk about recycling!. Starting at $48, the candles are available www.aglowcandles.com.
4) USE THIS! Christina Aguilera is, appropriately, a fan of the body care line, Original Bombshell. All of the products are paraben free, 100% vegan and chock full of natural ingredients. The packing is fun and flirty and it’s affordable (the “Spoil Me” hand cream is $14)! Be a bombshell at www.originalbombshell.com.
5) WEAR THIS! Spreegirl is a super cute and comfortable sleepwear line that utilizes sustainable bamboo fabrics. Not only is bamboo extremely soft but it also requires no fertilizers, pesticides or chemicals to grow, making it very eco-chic! Lauren Conrad and “90210’s” Jessica Stroup look good while they sleep thanks to Spreegirl, which starts at $19.50 and is available at www.spreegirl.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.