Glam Slam: The Friday Five — The Legs Have It!
First Published: November 6, 2009 2:59 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- “Legwear this season is bigger then ever,” Celebrity Stylist Alison Lang tells Glam Slam.
Whether it be tights or leggings, legwear is an easy and affordable way to update your wardrobe. It’s also a trend that’s actually practical because it keeps you warm, hides pasty Winter skin and an added bonus - you can be lazy about shaving your legs and no one will know! Alison (www.alisonlangstyle.com), who has worked with Kelly Clarkson and Mandy Moore, gives her FIVE legwear picks and tips on how to wear them.
1) MAKE LEGWEAR THE STARUltra velvet suede, brights, metallic florals, studded and black lace tights and leggings can be used as the centerpiece of any wardrobe when paired with a little black dress. Cynthia Rowley has a variety of embellished looks and textures to choose from in her Fall 2009 legwear collection. www.cynthiarowley.com
2) METALLICS!Wear them!! Metallic tights are a great way to spruce up any outfit. This season Michael Stars has created luxe tights with silver metallic shimmer. Since metallics are a popular trend right now, it is a simple and recession friendly way to update your wardrobe. www.michaelstars.com
3) KNEE HIGH SOCKSTrue Religion has come out with a line of trendy knee socks. No longer just for the schoolgirl, knee high socks look great layered over tights or paired alone with a simple and sexy dress. It is a look for the fashionista who is a little more daring and who has confidence in her legs. Try it! They may make you feel naughty… in a good way. www.truereligionbrandjeans.com
4) LAYER THEM UP!Don’t be afraid of mixing and matching patterns this season. Michael Stars has made some crocheted knit tights that are great for layering. Pairing a bright color with a sheer print or pattern on top is a great way for making a trendsetting statement. Just make sure to keep your overall look simple, and show off those legs. www.michaelstars.com
5) SHINE AND SPARKLEA cute and flirty way to spice up any outfit for the holiday season is through leather and sequins. Steve Madden legwear has amazing leather and sequin-accented leggings and tights this season. Take a men’s white oversized tee and pull it off the shoulder for an ’80s throwback. Pair it with a sequin legging and heels or booties for an edgy and sexy look. www.stevemadden.com
FASHION FOOTNOTEPun intended! Grown-up fashionistas aren’t the only ones loving the legwear trend. BabyLegs is a line of adorable and hip leg warmers, socks, tights and footless tights for babies and kids. Available in everything from stripes, to animal prints and camouflage, the line is for both girls AND boys! Angelina Jolie, Gwen Stefani, Halle Berry and Jessica Alba all have them for their little ones. www.babylegs.com
Obsessed with something you saw a star wear on the red carpet, on TV or in a movie? CLICK HERE to send your question!
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.