“It’s something that I’m not great at Valentine’s Day.” “Gossip Girl’s” Penn Badgley expressed his Valentine’s Day frustration of finding the perfect gift! (After all, it can’t be easy finding a special something for the lovely Blake Lively, his on and off screen love). Even Oscar Nominee Robert Downey Jr. said “I gotta start thinking about that,” when we asked him about his plans for wife Susan. There’s just 24 hours left and finding the ultimate Valentine’s gift can be daunting… so consider this Friday Five a cheat sheet for your sweetie!
1) Juicy Couture’s sweats are still a Hollywood staple and the popular line also has some great gift options. Socks may not sound glamorous but they are when Juicy gets a hold of them! A set of three comes wrapped in adorable candy roll packaging for $42. Juicy has also teamed up with Dylan’s Candy Bar to create a cute ceramic cupcake filled with conversation candy hearts for $38. Both are available at www.juicycouture.com
2) aerie by American Eagle’s signature boy briefs are cotton, soft, stretchy and will provide full coverage, while still being sexy. Miley Cyrus and “Gossip Girl’s” Leighton Meester are fans of the affordable line. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, you can find aerie’s hearts boy briefs, currently $7.50 each or 5 for $25, on www.aerie.com.
3) Get a splash of red for Valentine’s Day with a quilted red patent leather wallet by French Connection (a favorite of Hayden Panettiere). It’s a great everyday essential for your purse… or can be used on its own as a clutch. It’s even currently on sale for $9.99 at www.frenchconnection.com.
4) Just for Valentine’s Day, NARS has introduced the Love Set, an assortment of hues to help you achieve that coveted afterglow: Pillow Talk Lip Gloss, Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and Orgasm Blush (a universally flattering shade adored by Marcia Cross). It’s available at www.sephora.com for $49.
5) If you want to really indulge, try Lilyfield Cakes! Halle Berry and Renee Zellweger have both enjoyed this “party in a box” which includes fresh flowers, a silver charm and a delicious homemade cake, all wrapped up in a uniquely decorated keepsake box. Or skip the fancy wrapping and try their Patty Cakes… buttercream filled cupcakes that start at just $25. A portion of the proceeds from each sale benefits a children’s charity. Satisfy your sweet tooth and warm your heart at www.lilyfieldcakes.com.
Don’t miss “Confessions of a Shopaholic” which opens today. I’ve seen it and I loved it! And here’s an offer you can’t refuse. Head to any major Bloomingdale’s nationwide and try on the new “Paigeaholic” Jean with DOW XLA stretch fibers from Paige Premium Denim (a dark skinny jean inspired by Isla Fisher’s character) and get a free ticket to the movie!
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.