I think I can count the number of times on one hand that Jennifer Aniston has had a bad hair day. (And one of them was when she wore those faux dreads to the Emmys!)
Ninety-nine percent of the time she has pretty great hair. How jealous are we?
People StyleWatch’s beauty director Holly Carter shares never-fail styles and solutions for fighting frizz, greasiness, limp tresses and more, so we can all have a good hair day.
1. If your roots are showing, a fast temporary fix is to apply a hair color marker like ColorMark’s liquid root touch up, or try hair powder like Bumble and Bumble. In a pinch, you can even use eye shadow that matches your hair’s shade!
2. Get the most out of your blowout. On day one of the blowout, keep it straight by wrapping your hair smoothly around your head and securing with bobby pins. Sleep on it; take down pins in morning and hair should remain straight. Day two, twist hair into two low loose buns. Remove them the next day for nice bend and texture. On the third day, spritz on dry shampoo and sleep with your hair in a loose braid to create volume and waves by morning.
3. Need to pull it together before work or a date? These simple-to-do can’t-miss styles will create instant polish. Try a loose ponytail for a more natural vibe, or go for a sleek bun for something sophisticated. Or like Taylor Swift, slip on a headband to create instant style. If you want to add some dramatic flair for a night out, try an undone updo, or wear it half up.
4. If your hair is greasy by end of the day, a practical tip is to make the most of the situation and use your hair’s natural oils to slick it back. It’s a chic style that looks intentional.
5. Or if your hair is frizzy and you have straight hair, spray a flat boar-bristle brush with flexible-hold hair spray then run it through your hair to tame the frizz. If your hair is wavy, try an oil-based cream and apply it on just the bottom half of your hair to tame it. For curls, lightly wet hair to bring back the bounce or apply an argan oil serum to tame flyways.
Nobody needs to have bad hair!
Look for more ways to banish bad hair in the November Issue of People StyleWatch is on sale now.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.