Glam Slam: The Friday Five!
First Published: October 10, 2008 12:42 PM EDT Credit:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Here are the five things we are obsessing over this week!
1. LOS ANGELES FASHION WEEKI know, I know, it doesn’t have the same cache as, say, Paris fashion week. But still gotta give a little love to our local designers, who will be at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week which kicks off Sunday. Lauren Conrad is showing her collection, so at the very least you know there will probably be some “Hills” drama to keep things interesting.
2. CHEAP CHICHave to admit, I am guilty of hitting Target at 8am when it opens to get first dibs on their designer collections. The latest is from shoe designers Kari Sigerson and Miranda Morrison, whose high end footwear sells for up to $595. Their limited-edition collection for Target is affordable with prices ranging from $29.99 to $39.99. There are eight different styles in the collection, which debuts Sunday. Guess where I’ll be!
3. GET GOOD HAIR!Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson and Lindsay Lohan can all thank Hollywood’s Neil George Salon for their good hair days. Now we can all get the Hollywood VIP treatment courtesy of the brand new Neil George hair care collection, which just launched last week. There are two shampoos, two conditioners and an intense hair mask. Melanie Griffith came back and bought three sets because she loved it so much. We agree! The orange blossom and grapefruit sage scents are yummy! Available at www.neilgeorgesalon.com
4. CHRISTINA’S BACK!Her cancer battle and double mastectomy inspired us and now she’s ready to make us laugh. The second season of “Samantha Who?” returns Monday night.
5. FEEL GOOD FASHIONAs the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Ambassador to Saks Fifth Avenue’s Key to a Cure Campaign this year, Gwyneth Paltrow has the honor of modeling the limited edition tee shirt, which was designed by Karl Lagerfeld. The shirt, which sells for $40, will benefit Key to a Cure, a women’s cancer initiative.
FASHION FLASH“America’s Next Top Model” is getting a spin-off. Jay Manuel and J. Alexander are getting their own show, “Operation Fabulous,” where they travel the U.S. giving women makeovers.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.