Glam Slam: The Friday Five
First Published: April 17, 2009 4:26 PM EDT Credit: HBO
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- From makeup to headbands to pups, here’s what I’m loving this week!
1) “GREY GARDENS” — I can’t wait to see the HBO film about Jackie Kennedy Onassis’ eccentric relatives, “Big Edie” Beale and her daughter “Little Edie,” played by the fabulous Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. And with their kooky take on fashion, the costumes are sure to be unbelievable! It airs Saturday on HBO at 8 PM.
2) SMASHBOX “UNTAMED” COLLECTION — Speaking of Drew Barrymore, she’s a fan of Smashbox Cosmetics (Madonna and Charlize Theron are too)! Their new hot line for Summer is the tropical safari-inspired collection, “Untamed.” Featuring bold hues like warm browns, vibrant greens and deep berry, the line includes lip gloss ($18), creamy cheek color ($24), and waterproof shadow liner ($29). Find it at Sephora or www.smashbox.com.
3) COUNTRY LOVE SWEATS — Move over, Juicy Couture… there are new comfy chic sweats in town. Miley Cyrus was just spotted wearing the brand’s “Country Sun” sweatpants in Lemon. Made up of tanks, hoodies, sweats, tee shirts and shorts, you can find Country Love at Bloomingdale’s or upscale boutiques nationwide.
4) HEADBANDS — Yes, I admit; “Gossip Girl’s” Blair has made me a fan of headbands! Jennifer Behr’s line is a “Gossip Girl” favorite and she’s just launched her gorgeous new Spring Collection. Featuring crystals, knots and neon flowers there’s truly something for everyone. Check out the styles (prices start at $50) at www.jenniferbehr.com. And when it comes to headbands, don’t be afraid to go cheap chic! Victoria Beckham has been spotted wearing Goody’s StayPut Hold Headband, which retails for only $3.99 at drugstores!
5) PUPPY MANIA — Finally, I couldn’t sign off from this week without giving a shout out to the adorable new first dog, Bo! The 6-month-old Portuguese water dog made an entrance fit for a star this week… complete with a “grass” carpet and press! And speaking of animals, from April 14th-May 8th Ellen DeGeneres is auctioning off her own clothes (as well as items donated by her guests) to benefit The Humane Society of the United States. Bid at www.ellentv.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.