Glam Slam: The Friday Five! (April 24, 2009)
First Published: April 24, 2009 2:22 PM EDT Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- In honor of Earth Week, it’s an environmentally friendly Friday Five!
1) VINTAGE CLOTHES - A great way to conserve resources is to recycle what’s already been made. Luckily, thanks to gals like Nicole Richie, vintage clothes have never been hotter! One of New York’s most popular vintage shops, What Comes Around Goes Around, recently opened in LA and its owners Gerard Maione and Seth Weisser say, “vintage clothes are really about the individuality… You’re not wearing something that everyone else is wearing. Also there’s a quality and detail level that doesn’t exist anymore.” Check out their collection at. www.nyvintage.com.
2) LAVANILA’S HEALTHY CANDLE - Lavanila is one of my favorite lines for fragrance (Tina Fey and Vanessa Williams also love it). A new addition to their amazing “Healthy” Collection is this all-natural, non-allergenic, non-toxic, non-polluting and soot-free eco-friendly candle. The three-wick candle is created with pure essential oils and beeswax, a renewable resource that burns 90 percent cleaner and at least 50 percent longer than paraffin. It comes in five Vanilla based scents and is available for $32 at www.sephora.com.
3) JOSIE MARAN EARTH DAY ESSENTIALS - Supermodel Josie Maran’s entire cosmetic line is all natural and organic. Especially for Earth Day, she created a kit that includes Argan Oil (a miracle in a bottle!- for soothing and treating stretch marks, eczema and acne), Plumping Lip Gloss in Daring, Cream Blush in Sunrise, black mascara and black eyeliner. It comes in a box made from recycled materials and printed with green tips from Josie. The retail value is $98, but you can buy it for only $48 on www.sephora.com.
4) ‘PAPER OR PLASTIC’ BAG - Rachel McAdams loves her “Paper or Plastic” tote bag by Blue Q, which is made from 95 percent recycled post-consumer material. The concept for the bag actually came from 7-year-old Henry Lear who pitched the idea to the company’s founder! Henry’s picture is featured on the bottom of the bag and he received a commission for his design. It’s available for just $12 at www.blueq.com.
5) WHOLEARTH BY DANNY SEO - Just launched on Earth Day, this is a brand new line of environmentally friendly bath and beauty products featuring 100 percent certified organic fragrance from leading environmentalist Danny Seo. The line features six products: Certified Organic Body Wash, Certified Organic Body Lotion, Natural Body Souffle, Certified Organic Perfume Spray, Natural Bamboo Body Scrub and Natural Body Mist and Room Spray. Prices range from $22--$65 and it’s available at specialty stores nationwide. Learn more at www.wholearthbeauty.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.