When stars like Charlize Theron, Jessica Alba and Renee Zellweger want to indulge in some spa therapy and make their skin as smooth as it can be they head to Ole Henriksen Face/Body Spa in West Hollywood for their signature African Red Tea Body Cocktail. It’s even a favorite of Hugh Jackman - and we all know how great he looks without his shirt on!!
The treatment, performed in a wet room, is one-and-a-half hours and during this time you begin with an organic purifying brown sugar body scrub before being wrapped in a cocktail of fresh oranges and organic yogurt mixed with African Red Tea Leaves. This creates an antioxidant exfoliating mask that detoxifies from the inside out!
Sounds good right? But of course not everyone lives in Los Angeles or can spend $155 on the treatment.
So there are two other ways you can experience it for yourself. One is the African Red Tea Body Cocktail kit (available for $65 at www.sephora.com or www.olehenriksen.com). The kit contains African red tea exotic body scrub, African red tea firming body mask, and African red tea self heating body souffle and is designed to help give you the spa benefits.
But wait! You can also indulge in your very own home for just a few dollars. Here’s how straight from Ole:
- Light a candle and play soft new age music (just like during the spa treatment).
- In the shower, scrub from head to toe with an aromatic sugar scrub (make it yourself using 2 oz. finely ground brown sugar, 2 oz. sesame oil and 15 drops of your favorite essential oil. I love lavender). Scrub slowly to activate the sugar and refine the skin’s texture.
- After rinsing off, take two slices of oranges and squeeze the juice onto your body, massaging it in. This will exfoliate your skin.
- Take a sponge and wash your skin with one cup of plain yogurt (calms the skin and helps fade uneven pigmentation) mixed with 2 oz. of red tea (detoxifies the skin).
- While this soaks in, give yourself a scalp massage for three minutes. Then rinse everything off and apply a warming body moisturizer!
For more information go www.olehenriksen.com.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.