Glam Slam: What To Wear To Your Holiday Party
First Published: December 14, 2011 2:31 PM EST Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Whether you’re heading to your office holiday party or a big New Year’s Eve bash, going for a more festive, sparkly look than you normally wear can be intimidating. Here to help us with some party look inspiration is Erin Przekop, the designer of Ali Ro, whose celeb fans include Selena Gomez (pictured in Ali Ro), Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Rihanna. A sparkly silver Ali Ro number was even worn by the girls on ‘Glee’ recently. Here are Erin’s helpful tips for holiday dressing:
1. Holiday parties are the perfect occasion to bring out the shiny metallic and sequin styles. When styling, keep the accessories minimal to keep from looking overdone. A cocktail ring and a classic clutch will complete the look.
2. When choosing a holiday dress, you can always look towards a timeless classic, such as a black and white style combination. Keep the style current and make a dramatic statement this season by choosing a dress that includes additional detailing, such as the Ali Ro striped dress with glamorously beaded neckline. (Selena is wearing this dress in the photo—she added the scarf.) You can create this look yourself by adding a statement necklace to a dress already in your closet to transform the dress into a party ready look.
3. It’s all about the accessories. Choose a figure-flattering, solid, basic style and then add the contrast using pops of color—flirty pumps, colorful scarves, gemstone jewels, or an antique clutch—don’t be afraid to take risks and mix it up.
4. Be daring and go short! Holiday is a great time to show off your legs with a playful mini dress. Add a pair of colored or patterned tights to offset shorter styles and keep things festive.
5. Makeup trends this season focus around the eyes. Be playful, using a colored eyeliner or create sultry cat eyes creating a statement look that will be remembered. Finish with a soft, neutral gloss keeping your lips looking kissable and inviting as you prepare to bring in the New Year.
For more info, check out www.ali-ro.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.