Haylie Duff's Real Girl's Kitchen Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
Haylie Duff is taking her talents from the screen to the kitchen!
Haylie visited Access Hollywood Live to share some of the recipes from her new cookbook “The Real Girl’s Kitchen,” which features delicious recipes perfect for a girl’s night in — or any occasion!
Shrimp, White Bean and Kale ‘Heartbreak’ Soup
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can chicken broth
- 10 leaves chopped kale
- 1 dices large zucchini
- Cayenne to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- 1 15-oz. cans Cannellini beans
- Peel Garlic Cloves and drop them in the pot whole
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper
- Grill in a pan, browning both sides of the shrimp and set aside
- Bring tomatoes, water, and chicken broth to a boil with the garlic
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the shrimp, and one can of Cannellini beans
- Blend the remaining can of beans in a food processor until chunky. This will add some nice texture to the soup.
- Add beans to pot
- Simmer for 1-2 hours
- When you are ready to serve, add a couple of shrimp to each bowl
Boozy Sweet Mint Sun Tea
- Green Tea Packets
- Fresh Mint
- Sugar substitute
- 1 shot of Vodka per glass
- Determine water/tea ratio – usually its 1 packet/1 cup of water
- Fill a large glass jar with cold water
- Fill with tea packets and mint
- Add sugar substitute – adjust to taste
- Close up tightly and let sit in the sun until brewer to desired darkness (I leave mine for about 3 hours)
- Add Vodka, stir and enjoy!
Asparagus and Prosciutto Crescent Rolls
- 1 Dozen Asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup grated asiago
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll 2 asparagus spears, a pinch of asiago and a piece of prosciutto into each crescent roll
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
Note: If serving these at a party, drizzle honey across the top.
Strawberry Shortcake in a Mason Jar
- 2 Pounds Strawberries, de-stemmed, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- Store bought angel food cake
- 1 carton heavy whipping cream
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 16-ounce mason jars
- Mix Strawberries, lemon juice, and 1 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Let bowl sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Trace a mason jar with a knife to cut a round piece of angel food cake
- Press the cake into bottom of the jar
- Layer strawberries on top
- Add whipped cream
In a cold metal bowl, slowly mix the cream, a cup of sugar, and a lime zest using a hand mizer for a 7 minutes. The mixture will first turn into a bowl of tiny bubbles, then it will slowly turn into a thick, zesty whipped cream.