Healthy Hollywood: Get Movin’ Monday – Marisa Miller’s Secret To Her Fabulous Abs!
First Published: May 21, 2012 1:54 PM EDT Credit:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Supermodel/actress Marisa Miller has one of the hottest bodies on the planet.
As a model, she’s had guys drooling from coast to coast with her sexy swimsuit spreads in Sports Illustrated and her runway walks in barely there lingerie for Victoria’s Secret.
Her body is such a stand out that Women’s Health magazine just ranked her the second hottest summer body for 2012 (Julianne Hough nabbed the top spot).
Marisa’s whip-your-body-into-shape secret? Stand up paddle boarding.
“You’re cruising around, so you’re not focused on the hard work you’re doing,” she revealed to Women’s Health magazine, adding, “And you can modify the workout and go faster or slower.”
Marisa is such a fan; she even designed a line of women’s boards for Surftech. Marisa wanted to create a board that was easier to carry to the water and also better suited for a women’s body.
Stand up paddling is an awesome workout for your upper body. Women’s Health magazine’s fitness expert Jen Widerstorm dropped by Access Hollywood Live to share with Billy Bush & Kit Hoover a few pointers.
Jen’s Tips For Stand Up Paddling:
1. Choose a paddle that’s about 6 to 8 inches taller than you.
2. Narrow boards are better for more experienced paddlers, while beginners are better off with a wider, flatter board.
3. Beginners should start out kneeling on board, then work up to standing.
4. To stand, feet should be parallel, about hip-width apart, toes pointing forward; knees bent, back straight.
5. Think about balancing with your hips, not your head. Keep your head and shoulders steady and upright, and shift your weight by moving your hips.
6. Try to look up toward the horizon. Try not to look down.
7. Push down on the paddle grip with your top hand, putting the entire “blade” of the paddle in the water and pulling it back to your ankle. Do a few on one side, then switch hands and sides.
For more information on Marisa’s Stand up paddleboards, check out www.surftech.com/marisa
— Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.