Healthy Hollywood: Get Movin’ Monday — Mel B’s Secrets to Spice Up Your Workout
First Published: August 16, 2010 5:01 PM EDT Credit: Smallz & Raskind
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Finding it hard to get motivated and exercise? After all, it is August – those last lazy days of summer – and many of us (me included) would rather relax at the beach than sweat it out at the gym. Don’t let your beach bod soften yet – there’s still a solid month of summer left.
Former Spice Girl Mel B reveals her get up and go secret; “I love to look hot when I work out.”
Ditch the oversized t-shirt and wear something fabulous to the gym to flaunt your hard-earned shape and remind yourself exercise does work if you keep it up. Mel B, who recently became the creative director of Bravada International, a line of women’s fitness and yoga gear, is fanatic about fitness and often does a half an hour of cardio and 200 situps three times a day.
“Always make sure that you do your workouts to the best tunes. Always update your i-Tunes,” is another workout tip.
Danny Alex, founder of Bravada International, along with Mel B, put together a list of tips to stay fired up about exercise.
5 Stay Motivated Tips:
1. Make An Appointment With Yourself Every Day: Who is the most important person in the world? You! When we feel good about ourselves we make everyone around us feel good. Start with a 15 minute appointment everyday with yourself and change it for nothing and no one. Remember, this is your most important appointment of the day because it’s with yourself. Mark it in your daytimer, in your Blackberry or on a “note to self.” Gradually, increase your appointment to 30 minutes and maybe even 45!!
2. Wear Clothes That Fire You Up: Pulling out a 10-year-old grubby cotton exercise shirt is not going to fire up your adrenaline. Invest in some clothes that bring out the “excitement” in you. It’s like a good hair day, if you feel you look good then you get a skip in your step. BRAVADA women’s activewear is designed with different styles to do just that and you don’t have to spend a fortune!!
3. Drink Lots Of Water: It is estimated that over 60% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. When we get dehydrated we get confusing signals that can translate into hunger. Make sure you drink lots of water and you may start to see your appetite go away. Lots of people feel lethargic and nauseous in the morning. Try this: drink two delicious glasses of water, wait 10 minutes and then see how you feel!!
4. Health, Fitness & A Good Lifestyle Do Not Have To Be Expensive: STOP buying the TV exercise stuff!! Most of it is over-priced garbage and only ends up in your garage so PLEASE stop! For less than $100.00 you can buy a high quality all-over exercise fitness stepper. How about a pedometer for $9.95? Sound good? Of course it does… Do not fall into the trap of thinking that if you need to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on equipment that it will commit you to a healthy lifestyle; it wont. Think small; think practical; think affordable and think sensibly.
5. Convince A Friend To Join You: Everything in life it seems is more pleasurable when you can share your experiences with a good friend and most of all, motivate each other. Find a friend who is going to do this with you and you with him or her. Motivate each other, pick each other up and compliment one another when the results start to show… and they will. Even better, get a group of your friends and start a movement among yourselves.
For more workout tips or to check out Mel B’s sassy workout gear, jump to www.bravadawomen.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.