Healthy Hollywood: Mother's Day Dos & Don'ts!
Don’t forget Sunday is Mother’s Day! It’s a day to show your number one fan how much you appreciate all that she does. So, if you haven’t gotten a gift or made mom-tastic plans yet, it’s not too late!
Parents Tested Parents Approved media surveyed over 400 Moms on what they love receiving on their special day, what they hate getting and what the ultimate Mother’s Day would look like for them. Yes, even self-less Moms have their opinions (stated or not) on how they’d like to celebrate.
Here are a few of the results of the PTPA survey
Mom’s Top 5 Most Wanted Gifts:
1. Homemade presents by the kids
3. A spa day
4. Gardening supplies – plants, tools, etc.
5. Gift cards
Mom’s Worst Gifts:
- Cleaning supplies
- Lingerie that doesn’t fit
- Cash – the opposite of a personal gift
- Grumpy kids, grumpy husband
Moms REALLY want these “free” gifts:
- A day off from housework
- To sleep in
- Quality time with kids
- A home cooked meal (she didn’t cook)
- Hugs and kisses
The perfect way to spend Mother’s Day:
- A day spent with family – 70%
- A day being spoiled at the spa – 18%
- A day all to herself – 12%
-- Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.