The mother of reinvention – Madonna – is at it again. With the release of her new album this week, “MDNA,” the world’s fashion icon has a new look. It’s been described as sexy erotica with a sporty touch. While the outfit is something only Madonna could pull off, her bouncy hairstyle is for ALL girls who want to let loose and have fun – no matter their age.
Madonna’s longtime hairstylist, Andy Lecompte, created the looks for her “Girl Gone Wild” video and says Madonna wanted her hairstyle to be carefree and reflect her “MDNA’s” getup and dance attitude. “It’s very ‘60s with a rockabilly edge factor,” Andy reveals to Healthy Hollywood. He kept her hair color platinum blonde since that’s the iconic look she’s known for. But, Andy says the soft curls are perfect for women of all ages and hair textures.
Andy created 3 different styles for the “Girl Gone Wild” video, but he shares with Healthy Hollywood how you can try her “Vixen” look.
Andy’s step-by-step styling:
1. Add a dab of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to wet hair to prime it for styling.
2. Blow-dry hair completely smooth with a ceramic brush.
3. Spritz hair with a heat protection spray to protect hair from heat fatigue.
4. Separate hair into small sections and use a medium to large barrel curling iron to set loose waves.
5. Finally, use fingers to apply Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, tucking the hair behind one ear and giving it an all-over polished look.
Sounds pretty simple! Even me, a hair-challenged stylist, could give it a go.
For more information on products, check out Wella’s Facebook page, HERE!
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.