Healthy Hollywood: Try It On Tuesday — Nail A Perfect 10 On Election Day!
First Published: November 6, 2012 10:35 AM EST Credit: Getty Images
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Election Day is here!
For some folks, this Presidential race has been a real nail-biter. Political polls show the race to the White House is a close call between the two candidates. Will it be President Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?
If you’re one of those anxious types, who’ve been biting their nails literally or need an activity to quiet the mind until you find out who our next President is, why not give yourself a relaxing, restorative manicure at-home?
The folks at Haute Polish have come out with a user-friendly gel formula. “Haute Polish delivers all the great benefits and long wear of 14 days found in traditional gel nail polish without damaging or weakening the nails.”
Their polish is all-in-one product; it works as a self-leveling base, color lacquer and a shiny top-coat. Plus, the Haute Polish kit comes with a LED set light that dries nails in 30 seconds. Now, even a nail novice like Healthy Hollywood, might be able to do a manicure without smudging the polish. Highly unlikely, though!
Since, Healthy Hollywood is not much of a nail polish girl, I asked Haute Polish for a step-by-step guide to a DIY manicure.
1. Gently push back cuticles.
2. Using a nail file, gently buff nails to remove the surface shine.
3. Use a cleansing wipe to rub the surface of the nails to remove any oils or moisturizers.
4. Apply a thin coat of polish to the 4 fingers of one hand, capping the tip of each nail.
5. Repeat with second coat, if desired.
6. If using Haute Polish, place nails under the LED light to dry.
7. Apply to 4 fingers of other hand, and finally to both thumbs. Let dry.
8. Follow with cuticle oil and moisturizer.
For more on tips, head over to www.hautepolish.com.
-- Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.