Healthy Hollywood: Try It On Tuesday – Tummy Toning Treatments!
First Published: June 19, 2012 12:58 PM EDT Credit: Getty Images
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Bikini season is here! And, it’s game on for Healthy Hollywood’s pursuit of the perfect abs. Yes, I dream of walking the beach flaunting an enviable six-pack – similar to the sculpted abs of Gwen Stefani or Cameron Diaz. Yes, a girl can dream!
I could spend hours at the gym trying to crunch my way to ab-perfection, but there is another solution.
Crunch fitness and Bliss spa have teamed up to offer a one-two punch to a toned tummy. Bliss guests can try out the new Six-Pack Attack Treatment, which is a seaweed mask and a slathering of 3 slimming creams.
“A seaweed mask is applied to tone and detoxify. After 15 to 20 minutes, the mask is removed, then an application of Bliss’ Love Handler product is applied to help stimulate circulation and promote lymphatic drainage,” states Bliss educator Laura Ann Conroy.
If there isn’t a Bliss spa in your area, try the line’s FatGirlSixPack product, which includes a nubbed applicator to massage the formula into your muscles just like spa techs would.
“Designed to help you sculpt a six-pack, this breakthrough tool/formula hybrid uses six super-effective firming and toning ingredients (caffeine, creatine, oat kernel extract, latex-rich manilkara tree extract, menthol and a special botanical extract) to work its magic,” adds Laura.
To keep abs tight and toned for the long-haul, Crunch fitness experts created an ab exercise regimen to go along with Bliss’ spa treatment.
Crunch fitness shared with Healthy Hollywood their six-pack attack plan.
1. Side Plank with Twist: Place elbows perpendicular to body. Set your body in straight line from your head to toes. Remember to squeeze the glutes together to stabilize the hips. Starting with your hand straight up, slightly twist the torso while simultaneously rising and turning the hip slightly and touch the floor just behind your body. Reverse the motion and repeat for 12 to 20 reps.
2. Plank: Start with your elbow directly below your shoulders, and knees on the ground. Squeeze your abs and glutes tight as you raise your knees off the ground. Hold until proper form can’t be maintained. Finish by dropping your knees, not dropping your hips to the ground.
3. Reverse Crunch: Start with your feet up in the air & hands behind your ears. Draw your belly button toward your spine and bend the knees slightly. Slowly draw your knees toward your face. Pause for 1 second and reverse the motion. Repeat 12 to 20 reps.
4. Feet Up Crunch: Start with your back flat against the floor and the feet straight up in the air. Hands behind the ears and looking straight up, drive your belly button to the floor and curl your torso bringing your shoulder blades off the floor. Pause for 1 second at the top, the slowly reverse. Repeat for 12 to 20 reps.
5. Bicycle Crunch: Start by driving your belly button toward the ground. Bring one knee and the opposite elbow together. Remember to twist and raise shoulder blade up off the ground. Slowly alternate sides moving your upper and lower body at the same time. Do 12 to 20 reps.
6. Oblique V-up: Lay on your side with the bottom hand out and palm down. Slightly roll your pelvis back as you contract your abs. Bring your feet and upper torso into a V shape. Slowly reverse the motion and repeat for 12 to 20 reps.
-- Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.