Healthy Hollywood: Wellness Wednesday – Bethenny Frankel Cleans Up Her Diet!
First Published: January 12, 2011 1:20 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- The reality powerhouse serves up a new diet for 2011. She’s capitalizing on the cleansing trend and recently launched her own line of supplements. Yet, Bethenny tells Healthy Hollywood her detox is unlike the others – there’s no juice fast and no starvation.
“Fasting is not a good weight loss tool,” declares Frankel. “My cleansing program is something you do for a month and you can live with it. There’s no running to the bathroom every five minutes.”
Instead, Bethenny’s Skinnygirl Cleanse & Restore is a combo of cleansing herbs and digestive enzymes taken along with a healthy (not restrictive) diet.
“I would say after 30 days (and during) your skin will be better, your eyes will be brighter, and you will feel lighter on your feet and you will be moving everything through your system,” claims Bethenny.
To re-tune your body and get the best results, Bethenny also says you’ve got to cut back on the processed foods and load up on the greens and fiber. It’s a great habit to continue beyond Bethenny’s 30-day plan. So, if you’re thinking of trying out this cleanse-light plan, jump below for Bethenny’s tips.
Bethenny’s 5 Skinnygirl Rules:
1. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. I don’t like water, so instead I drink club soda. Try and get lots of fluids in your body through herbal teas, water-packed veggies and fruit. Foods that have a lot of water are always going to flush your system out and make skin look brighter.
2. Load up on whole grains. Eat whole grains – brown rice, sprouted bread – anything that’s darker in color. Stay away from white sugars and flours.
3. Minimize meat. If you’re going to cut back on anything – eat less meat. Meat takes longer to digest. If you’re trying to flush your system out, animal protein will slow down the process. Eat more raw nuts, veggies, beans, tofu, and fish.
4. Eat smaller meals. I don’t believe in regimented meals. You need to know your body and when it’s hungry. I do believe it’s best to eat less throughout the day. Graze on smaller portions, but don’t think every 3 hours I must eat something.
5. Cut down on booze. I like to drink. But, it’s important to limit alcohol intake. Alcohol dehydrates the body. Stick to one glass of one wine or one Skinnygirl Margarita (100 calories per serving) per night.
To learn more about Bethenny’s Skinnygirl Cleanse & Restore, head to www.bethenny.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.