Healthy Hollywood: Wellness Wednesday – Hayden Panettiere's Organic Skin Guru!
Hayden is an all-natural beauty! So, it’s no surprise she uses the all-natural Suki. This organic skin care line is a favorite of other fresh-faced stars like Courteney Cox, Eva Longoria, and Katherine Heigl.
Suki Kramer, founder of Suki, says she started making basic skin care in her kitchen. “There are many common ingredients that contain essential benefits for your skin just like for your body,” reveals Suki, who also adds, “for example green tea & grapes are natural antioxidants & shea butter & olive oil are great natural moisturizers.” Fast forward some years, and this eco-friendly product is on the must-have list of green-minded celebs.
Suki shares her natural beauty secrets with Healthy Hollywood, revealing her favorite superfoods for your skin.
Suki’s Top Beauty Foods:
1. Eggs: An egg contains essential protein, 12 vitamins & minerals we need for our health, skin & hair. People who eat eggs for breakfast tend to eat fewer calories throughout their day. Now, I’m talking poached or scrambled (not fried) with veggies & no cheese. Do eat the yolk as it’s part of the whole nutrient package.
2. Berries: Try berries of all kinds (not just the trendy expensive ones being sold lately like acai) – blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry – they all have superpotent antioxidant activity.
3. Green tea: It is a superfood antioxidant the Chinese have known forever. In tandem with their traditional diet rich in fish, vegetables & rice, it is the reason we see so little heart disease, cancer, cholesterol or high blood pressure in their culture. Green tea is also being studied for its anti-cancer properties.
4. Nuts: Nuts are healthful in small doses & studies have shown that they can help lower cholesterol levels & promote weight loss. They taste great alone or add an ounce a day to your salad or yogurt for texture & flavor.
5. Beans: They are incredibly good for your heart, full of insoluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels, as well as soluble fiber, which fills you up & helps rid your body of waste. Beans are also a great low-fat source of protein, carbohydrates, magnesium & potassium. Edamame (whole soybeans) also contains heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
1. We hear it all the time but there’s a reason to drink lots of water, water, water - for detoxification & hydration. Try starting your day gulping down 2 full glasses of water (room temperature & filtered) then before each meal throughout the day. I happen to love water & drink it almost exclusively.
2. Butter! It’s delicious & total deprivation leads to bingeing - everything in moderation.
3. Take probiotics. They help your body do what it’s supposed to do – digest &
absorb vitamins & keep the immune system working properly.
4. Take a tablespoon of cider vinegar a day to help lower your blood pressure & cholesterol.
Tropical Radiance AHA Facial Masque: (leaves skin smooth, soft & radiant)
½ cup chopped pineapple flesh (exfoliating – natural aha)
½ cup chopped cucumber (soothing & hydrating)
5 strawberries (vitamin-rich antioxidant)
¼ cup raw almonds (natural exfoliant)
2 teaspoons apple juice – (exfoliating – natural aha)
¼ cup organic honey – (hydrating, antioxidant)
Put all ingredients in a good food processor and puree until smooth. Apply evenly to freshly steamed (for full facial) or dry (for quick facial) skin on face & décolleté, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water or remove with organic cotton cloths. Follow with your normal regimen. Repeat 2x a week, more for combination to oily skin types. Cover & refrigerate remaining, discard after 3 days.
For more information on Suki and her skin care line, check out www.sukipure.com.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.