Heidi Klum has lots of Halloween spirit. Nobody celebrates the night quite like Heidi, who has given us some of the best costumes ever at her annual Halloween bash. This year she’s reportedly hosting not one, but two spook fests. She’s kicking off the festivities in Las Vegas; then she will jet to New York for another party.
Besides party hostess, the busy mother of four is also taking on another role this year as the 2011 UNICEF Trick or Treat ambassador. “As a mom, I want my children to have everything they need to be safe, healthy and happy. I’m amazed at the work UNICEF does to provide vital support for children all around the world – from education to nutrition, healthcare to clean water – in dire emergencies and all year round,” reveals Klum.
Hollywood’s Queen of Halloween is urging her fans (and their kids) to not only collect money in the iconic orange box while they’re trick or treating - but to also think outside the box! There’s lots of way kids (and their parents) can fundraise this Halloween.
Halloween Ideas To Raise Money For Kids In Need:
1. Host a Halloween party to benefit UNICEF. Invite all your friends and family over for a Halloween bash or have the party at your school. Ask guests to donate online to www.unicefusa.org.
2. Pumpkin carving contest. Place a Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF box next to each carved pumpkin, and ask people to vote for their favorite by putting money in that pumpkin’s box. The pumpkin that raises the most wins!
3. Team challenge. Do you play on a sports team? Collect from parents and fans after the game. Challenge other teams to collect too, and see who raises the most money.
4. Talent show. Get kids at your school to show off their singing, dancing, or magic acts for an audience. Charge admission or collect money using your iconic orange box.
5. Trick-or-Treat online. Create your own UNICEF fundraising page. Post the link to your Facebook profile or email friends and family to make a donation to your fundraiser web page.
This year, the iconic orange box goes mobile with a Microsoft tag that allows you donate from smartphones in one snap. Look for the Scan to Donate tag on the orange box. Also, for more fundraising ideas, visit www.trickortreatforunicef.org.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.