With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s easy to pack on a few holiday pounds.
But the Thanksgiving feast can also be healthy!
Nutritionist Keri Glassman stopped by Access Hollywood Live on Tuesday to share some recipes for a smart Thanksgiving.
Here is the recipe featured on today’s show…
MINI PUMPKIN PIE BITES:
(Time: 40 minutes)
6 tablespoons wheat germ
4 tablespoons ground flax seed
4 all natural ginger snap cookies, crushed
2 large eggs
1 (15 ounces) can plain pumpkin puree
2 ounces fat -free evaporated milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cups pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a nonstick 24-cup mini muffin pan with canola oil cooking spray.
2. Mix wheat germ, flaxseed, and ginger snaps in a bowl. Add a heaping teaspoon of the mixture to each muffin cup. Set aside.
3. Whisk eggs in another bowl. Add pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
4. Pour mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until sides are sturdy and filling is set. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before using a knife to loosen and remove from pan.
6. Combine yogurt and maple syrup in bowl. Cover and chill.
7. Top each with a dollop of yogurt mixture. Enjoy!
For more, visit NutritiousLife.com.