A sampling of the outpouring of love and memories from the Hollywood and sports worlds Monday following the death of Michael Clarke Duncan, many of them on Twitter:
- “I am terribly saddened at the loss of Big Mike. He was the treasure we all discovered on the set of `The Green Mile.’ He was magic. He was a big love of man and his passing leaves us stunned.” - Tom Hanks.
- “Michael Duncan was a great actor, a great human being, and he was my very dear friend. I will miss Big Mike in a Big Way.” - Bruce Willis.
- “I’m devastated at the loss of Michael Clarke Duncan, one of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with or know. Michael was the gentlest of souls - an exemplar of decency, integrity, and kindness. The sadness I feel is inexpressible. -Frank Darabont, director of “The Green Mile.”
- “I cant believe you are gone my friend. I will miss our Lakers vs Mavs bets and texts . You will not be forgotten. RIP” - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.
- “Michael Clarke Duncan passes at 54. A striking screen presence.” - Film critic Roger Ebert.
- “`When something happens, we always say it happens for a reason’ Michael Clarke Duncan 12/10/57 - 9/3/12 I’ll miss you my brother..” - Dwayne Johnson.
- “I met Michael years ago and he was such a nice guy. Very sad” - Auto racing star Danica Patrick.
- “Michael Clarke Duncan always had a smile on his face & a big bear hug ready for you. My thoughts & prayers are with his family&friends. RIP” - Actress Olivia Munn.
- “RIP Michael Clarke Duncan Heaven has an amazing new angel. I will miss your smile most.” - Actress-television host Holly Robinson Peete.
- “I will miss my friend, Michael Clarke Duncan. What an incredible soldier in God’s Plan.” - Comedian-talk show host Steve Harvey.
- “I am so shocked and heart broken to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan’s passing. What a man of quality. Both in his life and his work.” - Actress Alexa Vega.
- “So so sorry to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan, accomplished actor, proud South Sider …” - ESPN host Michael Wilbon.
- “Rip Michael Clarke Duncan. We shared sum great times! C u on the other side friend… @OMAROSA praying 4 u & the fam.” - Actress-comedian Niecy Nash.
- “Just heard the news that [Michael Clarke Duncan] passed away. My prayers go out to his family and Omarosa during this very sad time.” - Former boxing champion Lennox Lewis.
- “RIP- Michael Clarke Duncan.. A really GOOD Brother, I’ll miss U Bruh.” - Former NBA star and television host John Salley.
- “Ahhh… michaelclarkeDuncan I loved you! Green Mile was epic. RIP gentlegiant” - Singer-actress Katharine McPhee.
- “Man, just watched Michael Clarke Duncan in Talladega Nights last night! RIP to a terrific actor.” - TNT Sports reporter David Aldridge.
Copyright 2014 by Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.