Honey Boo Boo Turns 8 – Our 8 Favorite Moments With The TLC Star
“Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” star Alana Thompson celebrates her eighth birthday on Wednesday and Access Hollywood is looking back some of favorite moments with the young star.
1. Our First Meeting: After seeing her on “Toddlers & Tiaras,” Access first met the rambunctious reality star when we took her to high tea at Alice’s Tea Cup in New York City in 2012 – how did HBB do with the prim and proper food?
2. She Sings!?: At high tea, HBB burst into song about fellow reality star Kim Kardashian. Why she never released this musical gem as a single still boggles the mind!
3. In The Spotlight: It wasn’t long before HBB went Hollywood and visited us on the set of Access Hollywood Live! But, the pint-sized star wasn’t the easiest guest for Billy Bush and Kit Hoover.
4. Boo Boo Goes Berserk!: In fact, a pillow fight broke out with HBB, Mama June, Billy and Kit. Guess who won?
5. Sugar Rush: During her trip to Hollywood she took in many sights – including a trip to famed cupcake store Sprinkles, where she almost got her head stuck in the cupcake ATM!
6. The Hits Keep On Coming: The Kardashians aren’t the only ones that HBB will burst into song for. She also treated us to a song she came up with about her dad, Sugar Bear. Seriously, how long before she does a whole album?
7. Southern Style Done The Boo Boo Way: In June, HBB made a splash in a bedazzled pink and orange flower girl dress fitting of her former pageant world at the nuptials of Mama June and Sugar Bear. And how could we also not love Mama June’s camouflage wedding dress and Sugar Bear’s matching camo print pair of pants and orange vest.
8. Mama June’s New Curves: Over the summer, Mama June visited Access Hollywood, where she dished on her recent weight loss. “When I got on the scale, I was very, very shocked!” she said at the time of dropping some pounds. The reality TV mom credits “being more active with the show” for shedding the weight. Adding, “Do I feel better? Yes, in a way I [do]. I’m more happy with myself,” she continued. “I try to tell people, be happy with you [no] matter what people say.”
Happy birthday to Honey Boo Boo (and sister Anna, who is also celebrating her 19th birthday today) from everyone at Access!
“Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” Wednesdays at 9 PM on TLC.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.