In today’s Glam Slam feature: Even the gorgeous Angelina Jolie is not immune to a makeup mishap.
When she and Brad Pitt hit the red carpet for HBO’s “The Normal Heart” on Monday night in New York, white powder on her face and chest was visible during camera flashes.
Plenty of other stars have had similar powder problems including Nicole Kidman, Eva Longoria and Ashley Judd.
The likely culprit? HD Powder, which helps create a flawless complexion.
With social media at a fever pitch these days, it’s not just stars who can get caught up in a less-than-flattering makeup situation. Makeup artist Laura Geller (celebrity fans of Laura Geller Beauty include Sofia Coppola, Ciara, Bethenny Frankel and Mariska Hargitay), shares five tips for how you can avoid a makeup mishap…
- Always apply your make-up, including HD powder, in natural light – or a well lit room. Windowless or dark rooms create shadows and alter perception and makeup application.
- HD Powder is powerful – a little goes a long way. For the best results, use a stippling brush and apply it lightly. It is better to layer makeup versus applying a lot at once. This helps you control the finished result.
- After applying with a brush, press your fingertips lightly on your face to remove any excess. You can also use one layer of a tissue to do this too. The HD powder will protect make-up from smudging.
- Before you head out, take a selfie with the flash on!
- If you’re out for a long night, bring a small velour puff with you to buff any excess on the go.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.