Howard Stern Shoots Down ‘America’s Got Talent’ Rumors
First Published: November 14, 2011 12:22 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Howard Stern says he’s not taking over for outgoing “America’s Got Talent” judge Piers Morgan, but also refuses to reveal if he’s in talks for the NBC gig.
“Everyone knows I love ‘America’s Got Talent. I think it’s the greatest and I would be certainly honored to sit with Howie [Mandel] and Sharon [Osbourne] and judge these lunatics,” the shock jock said on his on SiriusXM Radio on Monday morning.
“I take show business very seriously,” Howard continued. “If I was a judge on there, there would be no nonsense whatsoever. I would be there for the talent. I would be there to actually find somebody good.”
Adding, “I am not the next judge. I have no deal with ‘America’s Got Talent’… I’m not going to comment if I’m in negotiations… I don’t comment on negotiations.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, last week sources told The Wall Street Journal that the radio giant is in talks with NBC to join the panel, in a deal reported to be worth possibly $15 million a year.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.