Jessica Alba's Holiday Gift Guide (Glam Slam)
How much do we love Jessica Alba? She’s talented, gorgeous and nice. But there’s far more to this hands-on mom of two than just a pretty face.
She’s a successful entrepreneur…founding her own business, The Honest Company, which features safe, eco-conscious products for the family.
Now, The Honest Company has just launched The Collective – exclusive designer collaborations for baby and home must-haves.
“I’ve always thought of Honest as a lifestyle brand, so expanding beyond our current suite of products into hard and soft goods is natural and organic for us,” Jessica tells Glam Slam. “I also love that we hand selected these best-in-class partners for The Collective to offer a one-of-a-kind, limited edition range of essentials for new parents. We want to share with parents the beautiful and practical products from companies committed to safety, transparency, and beautiful design – values The Honest Company shares.
“We chose to partner with artisans and brands who share Honest’s commitment to creating beautiful, safe, high-quality, and eco-conscious products,” Jessica says. “The products that caught our attention combined heritage quality with modern style.”
And here are a few of those products, as Jessica shares her Top Five Holiday Gift Picks with Glam Slam readers:
1. For the new mom, our Honest baby carrier is a practical purchase. Made with organic cotton, you wear it like a backpack on the front of your body so you can keep an eye on your baby while having your arms free. Great for multi-tasking moms everywhere! And it’s machine washable so you don’t have to worry about spills. ($135)
2. I love our City Mini GT stroller because it blends safety and modern design with all-terrain capabilities. It’s ultra-durable and the fabric is easy to wipe clean. The large and easy-to-access under seat pocket and seat back storage can hold your purse and other essentials, making this an ideal stroller for long days out of the house. The best part? You can fold it closed with one hand! ($369)
3. The eco-fleece bear hat should be on your holiday shopping list if you have any little ones in your family. It’s so, so cute! The hat is made from locally sourced and handcrafted reclaimed wool and fleece, so it’ll keep your baby warm while looking absolutely adorable. ($30)
4. Perfect for keeping diapers and wipes out-of-sight and organized, The Honest Company utility tote can hold all of your baby and child essentials. Once you’re out of the diaper duty stage, the caddy doubles as storage for make-up, bathroom essentials, arts and crafts, and more! I have one for home, the back of my car, and one for the office, so I’ll be prepared for changes, spills, or make-up touch-ups wherever I go. ($60)
5. You can’t top the quality of our handcrafted wooden toys. These carved wooden animals on wheels are beautiful and nostalgic. They are made from 100% pre-consumer wood and finished with non-toxic, water based no-VOC paint – making them both safe and beautiful. ($35 each)
For more information, check out www.honest.com.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.