Jessica Simpson Pulls Out of Kennedy Center Honors
First Published: December 21, 2006 1:59 PM EST Credit: Access Hollywood
-- NEW YORK (December 21, 2006) — Unhappy with her second try at paying tribute to Dolly Parton for the “Kennedy Center Honors,” Jessica Simpson has pulled out of the show.
Simpson drew unwanted attention earlier this month when she flubbed the words to Parton’s “9 to 5” during a taping of the annual show, grew flustered and fled the stage. Producers gave her a second chance at the song.
But after Simpson saw a tape, she requested the second attempt be pulled from the show, which airs Dec. 26 on CBS.
“She really wasn’t happy with her performance and she did want it to be perfect for Dolly, who she idolizes,” said Cindi Berger, a spokeswoman for Simpson.
Besides Parton, the Washington, D.C., tribute honors Andrew Lloyd Webber, Zubin Mehta, Smokey Robinson and Steven Spielberg. Caroline Kennedy is the host.
“We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors,” said George Stevens Jr., show producer.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.