Jon Gosselin & TLC Settle Legal Battle
First Published: February 17, 2010 2:35 PM EST Credit: Amber Matsumoto/LA Dodgers
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Jon Gosselin and TLC have settled their lawsuits against each another.
“TLC has reached a settlement with Jon Gosselin and will be undertaking procedural steps to conclude the litigation. All terms of the settlement are confidential,” The network said in a statement to Access Hollywood.
TLC sued the reality dad in November, 2009, claiming he breached his contract by making paid appearances and saying disparaging comments about his TLC series. Jon countersued the network, claiming his image had been tarnished.
Both lawsuits followed the network’s decision to rename the hit reality show “Jon & Kate Plus 8” simply “Kate Plus 8,” after which Jon, coincidentally or not, decided to pull his brood from future tapings. The show is currently off the air.
But despite their past legal battle, according to TLC, Jon and the rest of the Gosselin brood will continue to work with the cable network.
“The whole Gosselin family remains under contract with TLC,” the network’s statement continued.
Jon’s attorney, Mark Heller, told Access that they look forward to moving forward with TLC.
“Jon has expressed his desire to close the litigation chapter of ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ and although all terms are confidential, he is hopeful that TLC will move forward with the best interests of the Gosselin family,” Heller said in a statement to Access. “Sometimes litigants that kiss and make up find their relationship is better the second time around. As Jon’s attorney I truly hope that this new adventure for TLC and the Gosselins is a much more joyful journey.”
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.