Julianne Hough Gives Career Advice To Older Brother Derek
First Published: February 5, 2011 3:25 PM EST Credit: Getty Premium
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- “Dancing with the Stars” professional Derek Hough is following in the footsteps of his sister, Julianne, by temporarily leaving the hit show to pursue a film career –- and he recently turned to his younger sister for guidance!
“[Derek] did ask me a couple of questions that maybe last year I would’ve asked, but because I’ve done it already [I already know the answers],” Julianne told Access Hollywood at a fitting in New York City for her The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection 2011 gown on Friday. “It was kind of cute for him to ask me that.
“I’m kind of like a big sister now!” Julianne added.
Julianne, 22, shot down any potential sibling rivalry rumors between the blond beauties and said she is thrilled to see Derek, 25, finding new opportunities for his creative drive.
“I’m so excited for everybody to see [his] talents and everything else that he has to offer,” Julianne told Access. “I know how amazing he is!”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Derek Hough is temporarily leaving “Dancing with the Stars” for the big screen.
Derek, who has helped three stars (Nicole Scherzinger, Brooke Burke and Jennifer Grey) take home the mirrorball trophy on the ABC celebrity competition series, will miss Season 12 of the show, to star in “Cobu 3-D.”
The movie will also reportedly star Asian singing sensation BoA.
Duane Adler, who penned “Save the Last Dance” and “Step Up,” is slated to direct the story about two dancers embroiled in a “Romeo & Juliet”-esque romance set in a world of two rival dance clubs.
Julianne announced she was leaving “Dancing” in April 2009 to pursue acting and her country music career.
The country cutie is currently shooting a remake of 1984’s hit, “Footloose,” playing Ariel Moore (the role originally made famous by actress Lori Singer).
“Footloose” is set to hit theaters on October 14 and “Cobu 3-D” is slated to start shooting this spring in Toronto and New York.
“Dancing with the Stars” returns to ABC on March 21.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.