Kate Gosselin 'Freaking Out' Over 'Kate Plus 8' Cancelation
Kate Gosselin is still coming to grips that her TLC series, “Kate Plus 8” was canceled last month.
“I’m freaking out,” she told People. “Big time.”
The mother of eight says her children – twins Cara and Mady, and sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel – “weren’t ready” for the series to end.
“Nobody was. I’ve never quit a job in my life without having something else lined up,” she continued. “I don’t know what’s next.”
Despite her career uncertainty, the Gosselin matriarch has vowed to do her best to keep her kids in the lifestyle they’ve become accustomed to.
“I told them I will work my fingers to the bone to make sure that they can stay here and go to their school,” Kate told the mag. “There are no guarantees in life for anyone, but they know that I’m giving it my best shot.”
Last month, TLC announced the series was ending, telling Access Hollywood in a statement, “TLC has decided not to renew another season of ‘Kate Plus 8.’ Kate Plus 8’ will have hit the 150 episode mark (including ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’); an exceptional milestone. TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future.”
The series finale will air on September 12.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.