Couric Leaving CBS ‘Evening News’
First Published: April 26, 2011 3:08 PM EDT Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Katie Couric has finally revealed her future career plans.
“I have decided to step down from the CBS ‘Evening News,’” Katie told People. “I’m really proud of the talented team on the CBS ‘Evening News’ and the award-winning work we’ve been able to do in the past five years in addition to the reporting I’ve done for ‘60 Minutes’ and ‘CBS Sunday Morning’. In making the decision to move on, I know the ‘Evening News’ will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future.”
So, where will the broadcast veteran end up?
“I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling,” she told the mag, adding that specifics of her job are “still being discussed.”
“The bottom line is that I love doing all kinds of different stories,” Katie said. “I have a lot of areas of interest and I want to be able to fulfill all of that.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, in March a source told Access that multiple networks – including NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN – were offering the 54-year-old newswoman deals that include a syndicated show and also involvement with a news division.
Katie left NBC’s “Today” show for CBS News after 15 years on the hit morning program. According to the Associated Press, she was pulling in $15 million a year as the anchor of the network’s evening news show.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.