Keanu Reeves Sued For Allegedly Striking Photographer With Car
First Published: November 6, 2007 2:51 PM EST Credit: AP
-- LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 6, 2007)-- Keanu Reeves has been sued by a photographer who alleges the star struck him with his Porsche earlier this year.
According to court papers obtained by Access Hollywood, Alison Silva is seeking unspecified damages, claiming Reeves was behind the wheel of his 1996 Porsche 911 Cabrio when the vehicle struck and injured the photographer on March 19, 2007.
The incident happened near the 30100 block of Avenida Tranquila in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
According to a statement released by the Sheriff’s Department following the incident, Reeves “grazed” the photographer with his car.
“Mr. Reeves pulled out of a parking space parallel to the curb and grazed a paparazzo. The paparazzo was standing in the street in front of Mr. Reeves 1996 Porsche when he was grazed by the car,” the Sheriff’s Department said in a statement released to Access Hollywood in March. “The man fell to the ground. Paramedics were summoned and treated the man at the scene. He was then transported via ambulance to a local hospital for further treatment.”
At the time, authorities told Access “it appeared the photographer [was] at fault because he was standing in the middle of the street.”
No charges were filed against Reeves immediately following the incident.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.