Kristin Cavallari Talks Wedding Plans Prior To Split From Jay Cutler
Former “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” star Kristin Cavallari and Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler have called off their engagement, but Access Hollywood spoke to the reality star last week where shared her then plans for her big day.
“We’re defiantly going to keep that private,” Kristin told Access last week. “This is a very special day. I don’t want to share it with everyone, just for us and our families.”
As of last week, Kristin said preparations for their nuptials were going smoothly.
The planning is going very well and we’re not getting married until next summer,” she said. “We’re going to have about 300 people.”
According to Life & Style, the quarterback ended their engagement after Kristin chose a work commitment over plans with him.
“It enraged Jay,” says the source. “She was devastated. She was so happy and excited about their future.”
On Monday, Jay took to Facebook to defend Kristin.
“Thank you all for the support, but if you talk bad about Kristin I will delete and block you,” Jay wrote on Monday morning. “It’s unecessary [sic] and heartless. Also, don’t say now I can play football, I could play football when I had her compared to when I don’t. Football is the least of my worries, so have some respect.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Access’ Billy Bush broke news that couple had split over the weekend.
Kristin, 24, and Jay, 28, became engaged in April, after the football star proposed during the couple’s vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.