Kristin Davis Nixes 'Sex And The City' Prequel Rumors
Can Charlotte York’s Louboutin heels be filled by someone other than Kristin Davis? Not if Kristin can help it!
“I’m not having a discussion about any sort of prequel because I’m not for that,” Kristin told Access Hollywood regarding rumors of a “Sex and The City” prequel – featuring the original cast — at the Costume Designers Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday. “No. It’s just bizarre!
“We’ve only been playing these characters for 15 years,” she added, sarcastically. “I don’t really understand that concept.”
However, if the opportunity to film a third installment of the current mega franchise does arise, Kristin said she’s “game” to step into Charlotte’s designer duds and grab her signature Chanel bag yet again.
Kristin isn’t the only “SATC” original to scoff at the idea of prequel — as previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, series star Sarah Jessica Parker recently said told The Los Angeles Times 24 Frames blog that making a prequel doesn’t make sense.
“I was like, ‘Wha-a-a-a-t?’” the actress told the blog last week, recalling how she felt when she first heard talk of a prequel. “There are a lot of important and interesting stories that 21-year-olds can tell. I don’t begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories… But I don’t think we can pretend to go back.
“It’s creating two histories,” she added. “It’s like, ‘Oh I didn’t know that about Carrie Bradshaw.’”
SJP would, like Kristin, consider making a third film in the current series, which just saw the ladies visit the Middle East and Carrie kiss her old flame Aiden.
“I would go back,” she told the blog. “I think there’s one more story to tell. I know there is.
“I’d definitely tell that [third] story, and I know [producer Michael Patrick King] would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?” Sarah Jessica added.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.