“Dancing with the Stars” professional dancer Kym Johnson has spoken out regarding her unfortunate injury during a show rehearsal on Friday that resulted in the ballroom beauty being transported to the hospital.
“Thank you everyone for your concern, love and support,” the Australian star Tweeted Friday evening. “I’m a little shaken up, sore but I will be fine.”
“I want to give a special thanks to everyone at Cedar Sinai,” she added. “The Doctors, Nurses and Staff were so amazing..”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Kym was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
“Kym Johnson was admitted to the hospital today immediately after falling and injuring her neck during practice,” a “Dancing with the Stars” rep told Access in a statement released Friday evening. “After several tests, she was cleared by the medical staff, though she is bruised, sore and currently wearing a neck brace. Kym plans to continue with Hines Ward in the competition and resume rehearsals as soon as possible.”
Access caught up with Kym’s fellow pro dancer Mark Ballas on Friday, who offered his well wishes for Kym.
“Kym got a little injured today and went to the hospital and we’re just praying for her and hoping that she’ll be alright,” Mark told Access at his rehearsal with Chelsea Kane in Los Angeles. “She’s a tough cookie. I’m sure she’ll bounce back and she’ll be ready to get out there with Hines [Ward] and take care of business. But we’re wishing her the best.”
Kym is scheduled to perform three grueling dances with Hines on the hit ABC show next week, as the competition enters its semifinal round.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.