Leighton Meester Clears Up ‘Gossip Girl’ Departure Comments
First Published: December 15, 2010 8:09 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Spotted: throngs of “Gossip Girl” fans sent into a tizzy over the possibility of losing their “Queen B.”
Rest easy Upper East Side watchers – Leighton Meester isn’t bailing on the popular CW show just yet, as she clarified her recent remarks about leaving the show in a new interview with Access Hollywood.
“It’s nothing magical. Someone asked me the other day, ‘What do you see after ‘Gossip Girl’ — when does it end?’ And I said, ‘I guess in a couple years, that’s when my contract is up,’” Leighton explained to Access on Tuesday night at the “Country Strong” premiere in Los Angeles. “Nothing crazy. Things come to an end and I honestly don’t known what’s going to happen. I love being on the show, so I can’t predict the future.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywod.com, Leighton recently told E! Online that she would be leaving the show after “two more years” after her contract was up.
When it came to pulling double duty on both “Gossip Girl” and “Country Strong,” which co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw and Garrett Hedlund, Leighton said it was something she was determined to make work.
“I was shooting at the same, so I flew back and forth in blizzards and everything. Somehow it worked – I made a lot of threats,” she laughed.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.