In today’s Healthy Hollywood feature: Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o was recently named the most beautiful woman on the planet by People magazine. The actress’ glowing complexion actually radiates on the red carpet.
She recently shared her beauty secret with the media, revealing, “I use lots of natural oils – like avocado oil and Hawaiin kukui oil – and try to drink lots of water.”
Healthy Hollywood is a fan of drinking water and I also use facial oils as part of my daily beauty routine. They’re great for making your skin look dewy and a whole lot younger.
However, my go-to has been argan oil. I have never heard of kukui. But, if it’s good enough for Lupita, you can bet the rest of us can benefit from it too.
Skincare expert Kat Burki declared 2014 to be kukui nut oil’s moment in skincare. Kat, who developed her own signature skincare line, shared with Healthy Hollywood the lowdown on this trendy all-natural beauty source.
“The kukui nut tree is the official tree of Hawaii, and ingredients from the tree, specifically the oil, have been used for centuries in Hawaii as a natural moisturizer. It was recognized that the oil’s high penetrability and soothing properties, can aid in helping soothe sunburns and chapped skin, hence it’s important in many skincare products. The oil is absorbed into the skin, providing essential elements needed for healing,” she explains.
Kat uses kukui oil in her raw sugar body scrub and shares five reasons with Healthy Hollywood why this oil should become part of every gal’s skincare routine:
- Kukui Nut Oil has been proven to soothe, moisturize and protect the skin from sun, salt, win and other environmental factors.
- Kukui Nut Oil is filled with essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants to nourish and hydrate dry skin.
- Kukui Nut Oil works with your body’s natural healing processes and is often used for people suffering from acne.
- Kukui Nut Oil is easily absorbed into the skin without clogging the pores.
- Pure and raw Kukui Oil should be cold-pressed to ensure all the nutrients stay in the oil at the peak to benefit the skin.
-- Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.