Maksim Chmerkovskiy On Why He Didn't Confront The 'Dancing' Judges
Maksim Chmerkovskiy clearly wasn’t pleased when the “Dancing with the Stars” judges took aim at his Argentine tango on Monday night, with celebrity partner Melissa Gilbert, but he remained silent during their critique.
After the show, Maks explained to Access Hollywood why he didn’t challenge the panel.
“I’m still here, I’m still fighting, but I give up trying to figure that one out,” Maks said, referring to the judges. “We started this thing dancing for us and we’re still dancing for us and for the people who are out there who are voting for us. They are working so hard to keep us here and that’s really all that matters at this point.”
Maks said he is aware that there is room for improvement in Melissa’s dancing, but they are working hard each week.
“I wish that she was praised by the judges. I know it will make her very happy and I know that she’ll go about her week in a different mood, but that’s the card we’re dealt and it is what it is,” Maks said. “I know we have things to work on, God knows we’re working on them, you know what I mean?”
The pro dancer joined the injured list late last week, with a hurt foot, but Maks chose not to have brother Val Chmerkovskiy do the competition dance with Melissa.
“I thought about it for a split second, but, this… is a Maks and Melissa experience. It’s not Melissa and someone else, and I want to experience it,” he said. “I love her, I cherish this partnership and you would have to wheel me out.”
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.