Marcus Samuelsson’s Blackened Catfish Recipe (Access Hollywood Live)
First Published: July 9, 2012 1:34 PM EDT Credit: Access Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Former “Top Chef Masters” champ Marcus Samuelsson stopped by Access Hollywood Live to talk about his new memoir, “Yes, Chef” and cook up some fun in the kitchen with guest co-hosts Michelle Beadle and Busy Philipps.
Here are the recipes from Marcus’ segment on today’s show:
Blackened Catfish Sandwich
(Makes 4 servings)
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons berbere
2 tablespoons dried harissa
1 tablespoon ras al-hanout
1-tablespoon tandoori spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
3 lemons cut into wedges
2 tablespoons butter
4 pieces baguette
1. Combine the paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl.
2. Sprinkle both sides of fish with the paprika mixture.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat.
4. Add fish; cook three minutes on each side.
5. Squeeze lemons onto fish and add them into the pan.
6. Finish with butter.
7. Place catfish on bread and top with 2 tablespoons Fried Caper.
2 cups mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon Aleppo
Zest of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lime
2 large celery roots, julienne
1/2 fennel, julienne
1 endive, julienne
1 cup brined capers, dried and fried
1. Toss together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
1. Combine the avocado, orange juice and 1 teaspoon sugar in a blender and puree until smooth. Mix in the lime juice and salt. Equally divide the avocado puree between 4 cups (the cups should be filled halfway).
2. Rinse out the blender jar. Combine the bananas and yogurt in a blender and puree until smooth. Add the ginger and the remaining sugar and blend until well combined. Pour equal amounts of the banana-yogurt puree over the avocado puree and serve immediately.
For more, visit MarcusSamuelsson.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.