Miss California Officials To Hold Press Conference On Monday
First Published: May 8, 2009 4:29 PM EDT Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- As the fallout continues over Miss California Carrie Prejean’s racy photos hitting the net, Access Hollywood has learned that the directors of the Miss California pageant will be holding a press conference on Monday.
At press time, it was unclear what would be announced at the conference, but Access has learned Prejean will not be there.
“The press conference will address many issues surrounding Miss California USA,” the Miss California Organization said in a release to Access. “Participants in this press conference include: Keith Lewis and Shanna Moakler- — Co-Executive Directors of the Miss California USA Pageant, Chelsea Gilligan — the current Miss California Teen USA [and] Tami Farrell — 1st Runner-Up to Miss California USA 2009.”
Additionally, Access has learned Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA organization, will hold a follow-up press conference on Tuesday.
Racy photos of the beauty queen surfaced on TheDirty.com on Monday, which showed Prejean posing without a shirt, something which may possibly violate her contract.
According to page 15 of her Miss USA contract, obtained by Access Hollywood, she was barred from being “photographed in a state of partial or total nudity.”
Prejean’s contract with Miss California USA also prohibits nudity, stating on page five, “appearing in public or permitting myself to be photographed in a state of partial or total nudity or in a lewd, compromising or sexually suggestive manner constitutes a violation of this provision (this includes photographs of images that may appear on any Web site, such as MySpace of Facebook).”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, after Prejean’s photos surfaced online, her spokesperson told Access that the beauty queen was 17 or under when the pictures were taken.
Prejean’s spokesperson also said the photos were shot by a friend or family member to be used in a portfolio. Her spokesperson told Access that Prejean directed the photo session and someone else actually shot them.
In addition, Prejean penned a handwritten note to Access, reiterating her age at the time of the photograph.
“The photo in question was taken was I was a minor, several months before the 2005 pageant,” the note, dated May 5, 2009, read. “The photo was not meant for disclosure to the general public.”
Prejean told Access she felt targeted because of her stance on traditional marriages, saying, “I am a Christian, and I am a model. Models pose for pictures including lingerie and swimwear photos.”
During the question and answer portion of the Miss USA competition, Prejean said she believed that marriage should only exist between a man and woman, which many believed cost her the crown of Miss USA.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.