Miss California USA Organization Fires Off Letter To Carrie Prejean: 'Recant The Recent Falsities'

Carrie Prejean attends a press conference at Trump Tower on May 12, 2009 in New York Carrie Prejean attends a press conference at Trump Tower on May 12, 2009 in New York

Lawyers for the Miss California USA Organization have fired off a letter to dethroned beauty queen Carrie Prejean after the 22-year-old’s spoke out against the pageant group during a host of media appearances after she lost her crown.

As first reported by Elaine Lui of LaineyGossip.com on Canada’s eTalk, the Miss California USA organization sent a letter to Prejean’s camp, asking the former Miss California to “recant” what they claim are “the recent falsities” she has made in the media since she lost her title last week.

“If Carrie Prejean wants to assert in public that she was courteous, cooperative or professional in her conduct as Miss California USA, the history of her churlish insolent misbehavior can be presented,” lawyers wrote in the letter to the San Diego-based Prejean, obtained by Access Hollywood. “Instead, let me recommend that Ms. Prejean and her spokespersons acknowledge that her professed professional cooperation was nonexistent, recant the recent falsities, and avoid further public deviations from reality on the issue.”

Click HERE to view the letter.

In the letter, lawyers for the pageant sited examples where they claim Prejean did not fulfill the terms of her contract including; alleged work on a book deal, unauthorized appearances, canceled planned public appearances and an inability to cooperate with the Miss California and the Miss Universe organizations. The letter goes on to reaffirm the pageant’s previous claim that Prejean was not fired for her stance on gay marriage, but because “Ms. Prejean violated several provisions of the contract on multiple occasions.”

Additionally, lawyers claim in the letter that the organization and Mr. Trump’s office had “an impression that is not at all favorable” of Prejean.

The Miss California USA camp said they have “been working to avoid lawsuits and to fashion an ending favorable for all participants” but “see that opportunity becoming less probable at the moment,” adding that they “will take firm action if the requests presented above are not honored.”

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Carrie was dethroned and replaced as Miss California by Miss Malibu Tami Farrell on June 10. According to the Executive Director of the Miss California USA Organization, Keith Lewis, Prejean was offered “53 appearances in writing,” but “she was available for one and was either unwilling or unavailable for all the others.”

Prejean has criticized Lewis for passing on an offer to her from Playboy during an interview with Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and “The Billy Bush Show.”

“He offered me a Playboy job,” Prejean told Billy Bush during the interview earlier this month. “He says, ‘I have two requests, one is ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here.’ ' He gave the rate and everything, and the other one was Playboy. I mean, why is my director giving me Playboy jobs. Why?… He said, ‘It’s $140,000 let me know if you want to do it.’… I couldn’t believe it. This is the type of person that we’re dealing with.”

Following Prejean’s interview with Billy, Lewis told Access that it was Prejean herself who insisted she see all offers that came in.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.