Morgan Freeman Sued By Passenger Over August Car Crash
First Published: February 25, 2009 10:40 AM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Morgan Freeman is being sued by Demaris Meyer, the passenger who was injured during the “Dark Knight” star’s August 2008 car crash in Mississippi, Access Hollywood has confirmed.
Radar Online first reported the news that Meyers will be holding a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred Wednesday in Los Angeles, where details from the crash and the nature of Meyer’s relationship with the then-married Freeman will be revealed.
Photos of the accident will be unveiled at the press conference, which will be used to explain the severity of Meyer’s injuries as a result of the car crash in which Freeman was driving.
Freeman also suffered his own injuries as a result of the crash. In January, the actor told Access Hollywood he was still not able to use his left hand following surgery for a broken arm, broken elbow and minor shoulder damage.
“I wound up with a lot of nerve damage in my arm, so the hand is still paralyzed,” the Oscar winner told Access. “So until the nerves get down there…”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the actor and Meyer were involved in an accident on Mississippi Highway 32 in a rural area of Tallahatchie County at 11:30 PM on August 3, 2008, when Freeman’s car went off the right side of the road and flipped over.
The doors were jammed on the vehicle and both of them had to be removed from the car with the Jaws of Life, a spokesperson for the Mississippi Highway Patrol confirmed to Access.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.