Naomi Campbell: ‘I Am Fine’ Following Paris Mugging (Report)
First Published: January 4, 2013 1:54 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Naomi Campbell says she is doing “fine” following a reported mugging last month in Paris.
According to The New York Post’s Page Six, the 42-year-old model was attacked on a Paris street while trying to hail a taxi.
“[She was] knocked over and robbed,” a source claimed. “It was terrifying. Naomi believes the assailant had been watching her, casing her out, and waited for a moment to strike when she was alone. She was attacked in the street as she hailed a cab, and robbed… Her leg was injured as she was violently pushed to the ground. She was understandably very upset and shaken up.”
It is not known what was allegedly taken from Campbell, but her jewelry was reportedly what they were after.
The beauty’s billionaire boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, then reportedly flew her to Vail, Colo., where she received treatment from an orthopedic surgeon.
In recent weeks, Campbell has been seen using a wheelchair and crutches.
When reached by Page Six, the supermodel said, “I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine.”
Page Six’s source claimed that Campbell is staying mum on the incident at the request of French authorities.
A rep for Campbell was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Access Hollywood.
-- Jesse Spero
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.