Nicollette Sheridan Dismisses ‘Desperate Housewives’ Return
First Published: August 11, 2011 4:53 PM EDT Credit: Access Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Marc Cherry might have said he has a plan to pay homage to all of the characters from Wisteria Lane during the final season of “Desperate Housewives,” but former series star Nicollette Sheridan remains dismissive about her Edie Britt character returning to the ABC series.
“Well, unfortunately they killed her, she’s dead,” Nicollette told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover on Access Hollywood Live on Thursday in New York.
“You could always come back,” Kit suggested.
“But not on good television,” the actress, who was promoting her new Hallmark Channel movie, “Honeymoon For One,” said.
“How about a sequence, Edie in the sky looking down or something? Would you do it?” Billy pressed. “Can we give it a ‘We’ll see,’ or is it a no?”
“Who knows if any of that is even happening,” the actress said of Cherry’s plan to honor all the show’s stars.
“Too early to speculate?” Billy asked.
“Probably so,” the 47-year-old actress added.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Marc shared his final season plan with reporters at the ABC portion of the Television Critics Association Summer Session last week.
“I don’t know how I would do that,” Marc said in response to a question from a reporter about Nicollette’s character coming back or paying tribute to her. “But I have an idea for the last episode, in which I want to pay homage to everyone who’s been there.”
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.